Monday 6 January 2014

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation review


About a month ago I was on the hunt for a new foundation. At the time I was using the Christian Dior Forever foundation which I have repurchased many times before and definitely would say it is one of my top 10. Although, the last time I bought the Dior foundation I was matched slightly wrong. The foundation was far too yellow toned for my skin and as my post-holiday glow was quickly fading it was becoming more noticeable.

So that brings me to this beauty here. Illamasqua is a brand I had never fully explored before and had never tried any of their foundations. After being recommended the Skin Base foundation and hearing many good reviews about it I decided to purchase it. 


The lady who served me was so helpful and couldn't have matched me better, which was then I discovered that I had a mixture of yellow and pink toned skin which is why I struggle with matching my foundations. I have never had a foundation suit my colouring as well as this one. It is definitely as winner for pale skin.
What I would say is that it isn't too kind on dry patches. I do find I have to moisturise very well and exfoliate the night before for it to not be as noticeable. Although, I am willing to let this slide as it is such a fantastic product.

No comments:

Post a Comment