Wednesday 8 January 2014

Healthy starts


As it is finally January and a whole new year what else to do but take up healthy eating... for the fiftieth time. 
Now, I wouldn't say I eat badly as such but I do have a slight habit of overeating and overeating the wrong thing. 
I think this time around I really want to do it. The many reasons before falling off the wagon have been sheer laziness and lack of willpower. But, something has clicked this time and I seem to have the motivation to do it. 
Unfortunately, because of my working hours I struggle to get to the gym like I used to so to rectify this problem I have started exercising at home through the powers of Youtube! It's easy, brilliant and free! You're in the comfort of your own home with no one watching you sweat and make a fool out of yourself while you jump around like a lunatic!
My inspiration for my workouts are the Tone It Up girls Karena and Katrina. I have been following them on Twitter for a while and have watched their videos. Their workouts are so easy to do with a limited space (as my room is so tiny).
Really, all I am doing is trying to cut down my portions and make healthier choices. Being more sensible about my food such as choosing options that will keep me fullest for as long as possible like the images above.
As I was doing a late shift today at work I wanted something that would keep my full as I knew I'd be having a late lunch/dinner.I used one whole avocado which I am loving at the moment as they are fabulous for your hair/skin etc. feta cheese on top of rye bread with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. 
I do believe you can eat healthy, tasty food it doesn't have to be all bland salads!  

No comments:

Post a Comment