Tuesday 21 January 2014

Food of the day//Breakfast time

I've been doing the whole healthy thing for about 2 weeks now and am still looking for different meal ideas that will keep me full through work up until my next meal. So, since the new year began I've been more sensible with my food choices but have decided to kick it up a notch. I have particularly noticed that I am most hungry in between breakfast/lunch time so I have been experimenting with good food with extra fueling power!


Something I have been really enjoying lately is the wonderful rye bread. It is wholemeal and gluten free and free of all those nasty preservatives. I started eating rye bread in place of normal bread as I thought this would be a better option that would keep me fuller. 
To make this yummy sandwich, I make one large fried egg using two eggs by joining the two together by spreading the yoke. One it is cooked and has started to brown around the edges etc. I popped some green beans on one half of the egg and then flipped the other side over to create a kind of sandwich (this is the part that I often change up depending on what mood I'm in) spinach is a good idea to pop in the middle or meat if your a meat lover, bits of bacon maybe? 
I then finish it off my placing the other piece of rye bread on top to create a sandwich and then cut in half. 
I also pop lots of salt and pepper in the sandwich, because I can't get enough my seasoning!

And the good news is, I ate this at half 9 and wasn't hungry till about 4 in the afternoon!

Peace x

No comments:

Post a Comment