Tuesday 4 February 2014

Recipe of the Day||Breakfast

Today I thought I would start off with a little recipe post, well I say recipe, but there really isn't much that went into cooking and using ingredients! I am extremely lazy and when hunger strikes, I need something quick! 
This meal was basically a concoction of foods I could find in my fridge as I am due a food shop and this is what I had to work with. 
I started off by popping a small amount of oil in a pan and sauteed a handful of sliced mushrooms and then threw in three asparagus stalks. I took the asparagus out of the pan once they had browned slightly on the ends but remained slightly crunchy on the inside, before they went too soft. 
When both the asparagus and the mushrooms were almost done I threw in some pre-cooked chicken breast pieces until they had that 'stir-fry' look and taste to them.
To get some good fats in there I cut an avocado in half and stuffed it with feta cheese. 
For the final touch, I added a drizzle of olive oil and lots of pepper.
I ate this as my breakfast/lunch meal after exercising which I think is great as your including your protein and fats in there to repair your muscles post workout. 

Hope you enjoyed this quick little recipe! 
Peace X

No comments:

Post a Comment