Sunday 5 January 2014

Pamper Sunday

So, I think it's safe to say I fell off the blogging wagon. Somewhere in between now and my last post I completely fell behind from the stresses of general life and mainly university. Oh poor me! Terrible excuse I know! But this year, a resolution of mine is to get back into the swing of things and really commit to blogging again. 
When I originally decided to start blogging it was for the benefit of myself and to document my life as something to look back on in years to come, to see what I was up to then and where I have got to. 
So, pretty mundane, I know. But, I thought it would be a good idea to start with a lazy Sunday pamper routine. There is nothing I crave more at the end of the week than a make-up free, lazy day ending with a calming pamper sesh!

First things first: Lighting candles. I'm pretty sure I am not alone here, but candles = ultimate relaxation. I don't know what it is but dimming the lights and having candles burning whilst filling the room with their scent is just heaven to me. (I just adore these tiny heart candles that came in a little wooden boat like holder).


Next up is face mask time. After I've cleansed with the Ren Evercalm cleansing milk I follow up with this Dead Sea delicate boosting mask. As the weather has took a turn for the worst my skin has also. Unfortunately, my skin gets particularly dry in the winter so having a mask that isn't drying too really helps. This mask has a clay like texture which is my favourite and a very clean scent. I then take off with a flannel and rinse the excess off with water.


Then comes the holy grail skincare product. Recommended by so many bloggers and youtuber's, the one and only La Roche - Posay Effaclar Duo. Ever since I discovered this spot treatment my skin has improved tenfold. When I am having a particularly bad break out I pop this on the main areas morning and night until it clears up. I have also found it acts well as a primer under foundation and doesn't dry out the skin too much. I suffer with mild acne and have found this product really helps keep everything under control.

*
After the pamper session I love nothing more than to climb into bed with a cup of tea, my kindle or a good film. 

*
Night, Guys.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment